Club Outing Policies
These rules apply to official club sponsored outings.
- All participants must be current club members.
- All participants must have a signed liability release on file.
- Technical outings require all participants have completed the
applicable club course or its equivalent (equivalent is determined by
- As a minimum requirement, all club outings must have at least one participant that has completed WFA within the last three years.
- The outing leader has the final decision on who goes on the outing.
- Pets are not permitted on club outings.
- Private "non-club" outings may not borrow safety-related club gear.
- All official club outings should be announced to the entire club.
- All official club outing leaders should submit the club outing form to the Board at least two weeks prior to the outing.
- Every official outing should share at least one photo post-outing.
- All scramble outings must have at least 3 participants.
- All glacier travel must have at least 6 participants.*
*Exceptions will be approved by the Board on a case-by-case basis.
Club Course Policies
In addition to outing policies, these rules apply to club courses.
- No drugs or alcohol during class sessions.
- No drugs or alcohol on course outings (the outing is over when everyone returns to the cars/trailhead).
Club Email Listserve Policies
- Anyone is allowed to join the club email listserve and receive
messages, but only current members are allowed to post messages to the
- No solicitation is allowed on the club email listserve without Board approval.